Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We are purchasing a new refrigerator and have decided on the

Customer Question

We are purchasing a new refrigerator and have decided on the Samsung Model # RS25H5111WW but I've read that after a power outage it requires a manual reset to restart it. We have experienced numerous power outages, some only minutes others longer. If we are out of town it would be an expensive problem. Do Samsung refrigerators have this issue? I currently have a 16 year old Jenn Air refrigerator and it restarts after all power outages.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning Don. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your refrigerator today. So first, I would say that if you have power outages, Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid, and Samsung refrigerators should be avoided. It's not that you need to reset the refrigerator after power outages intentionally, it's just that the control boards tend to get quite confused from power outages and "sometimes" you have to manually reset them by resetting power or pressing and holding 2 buttons to reset the board. So if you're gone and you tend to have a lot of power outages, I would suggest going with an LG or GE which tend to handle power outages a bit better than other brands. Also, I would put whatever refrigerator you are going to get on a surge protector if you haven't already.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?