Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool dryer does not heat. Checked continuity. Seems

Customer Question

Whirlpool dryer does not heat. Checked continuity. Seems timer is bad but would like to verify
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Eed4400wq1
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ser. M20411978
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Perfect, thank you. So first, below is a video that shows you how to test all the different thermostats and fuses on your dryer to make sure they are all good. In addition to that, test power between the 2 outside power wires going to the dryer to make sure you're getting 220 volts between the 2 outside power wires at the terminal block because the dryer will run with 110 volts but it won't heat without 220 volts.

CLICK HERE for video

Other than that, the only 2 options left are the timer or the motor. The power from L2 goes through the motor before it goes to the heater to make sure the heater doesn't complete the circuit unless the motor is running. There are 2 thick red wires that go to the motor and you'd need to shove your multimeter probes into the back of both of these terminals on the motor to test power between the 2 red wires when the dryer is running and trying to heat. If the centrifugal switch on the motor is good you will get a reading of 0 volts when the dryer is trying to run and heat (this means you need to replace the timer). If the switch on the motor is bad, then you'd get a reading of 220 volts which means you need to replace the motor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please call me(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry had an emergency daughter transport haha
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

I can not call because the phone call option was declined by your card so I'll send the option again.