John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Sears kenmore model 665.15762 dishwasher will not start.

Customer Question

my Sears kenmore model 665.15762 dishwasher will not start. Every time your push Start, it goes to Cancel mode. When clicking on the buttons to get the settings correct to try and start it, the air-dry and lock lights flash. Holding the button to turn off the lock doesn't change anything.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 12 years old and the model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the dishwasher keeps going to cancel mode, it means that you should have an error code. Let's try to see what error you're getting. Turn the dishwasher off. Choose any 3 buttons on the control panel. Press them in the following sequence, 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between each button push.

Watch the clean light. It will flash "X" amount of times, then pause 2 seconds, and flash "Y" amount of times, then pause 5 seconds and start over again.

Can you tell me how many times X and Y are please?