John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Im renting an apartment which has an Electrolux

Customer Question

Im renting an apartment which has an Electrolux fridge/freezer. Model ERN29600. Problem seems to be the freezer section keeps developing iced walls and drawers to the point that sometimes I cannot open the drawers anymore. The setting is at 1. HOw to resolve the icingi issue?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The owners live abroad now; I'm guessing the fridge is 5 years?
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: Model is ERN29600, Type B256966, Prod. No-925 692 868-01,
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried adjusting the dial (1-7) down to 1 (assuming 7 is the coldest?) ; also have had to defrost the entire fridge/freezer couple times to clean out the ice.
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** as this is a built in unit the first thing to do when you have an overfreezing problem is to check and see if the door seals are actually sealing. This means that you will have to disconnect the facia doors (wooden doors) from the actual f/f cabinet doors. Once you have done this come back to me for further instructions.