Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Please help troubleshoot error code dehydrate on kitchen aid

Customer Question

Please help troubleshoot error code dehydrate on kitchen aid de 30 slide in range. Can't turn oven on when pushing bake button then start. Error code Fe21
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the complete model off the unit?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

That model does not come up?

PLease post it I will be out for about 1 hour and will see it when I return thanks!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No phone call yet... model was on door change last 0 to letter O
It's DE30 with digital display panel
What does that error code indicate?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model kdss907
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Again the error code is F2E1
Stuck/ Shorted Key

Yes that is a stuck key on the touchpad. You will need to replace the touchpad on the unit..PART CLICK HERE, there is no other fix to make it work when that happens on that unit you just need to change out the touchpad. Sorry for the delay

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Because the panel keepers beeping I turned off the breaker and it stayed of for about 1-2 hrs until someone wanted to use the stove. When we turned it on the error cleared. I did try the breaker the night before for a quick on and off but that didn't work. So because of the delay in response and you did not really solve the problem, I don't think it was worth $23. Am I going to be charged?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The error you are getting is usually caused by moisture getting in between the contacts in the membrane switch, number 2 in the diagram at the link below.

If it happens again, you may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.