Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

I have a Maytag Dishwasher Model MDB7749SBB#. It was

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Dishwasher Model MDB7749SBB#. It was installed 26 months ago. Having problem with the control panel. Nothing happens when I select options and push start. Just replaced circuit breaker but still have problem. Any suggestions Dennis Hermann(###) ###-####
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Installed 5/28/2014. Model Number is *****
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: If I reset the circuit breaker the Control/Lock light will come on for a few minutes. That tells me I'm at least having electricity to the washer. But nothing happens (no lights come on) when I press for example, the Normal Cycle and then press start. A big zero.
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Several times in the last 2 weeks I had to reset the circuit breaker in order for the washer to function. Other times it worked fine. Today it's on the blink.
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 4 months ago.

From the description it sounds like the user control is getting stuck and will need to be replaced in order to fix this.

Please use the star rating chart to rate me a 3 or higher so that I am paid for helping you, Thanks.