Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have an Electrolux upright freezer model LFFH17F7HWD. The

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux upright freezer model LFFH17F7HWD. The freezer door no linger sucks shut after you close it. What can I do to fix? It is getting all iced up inside.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

On the lower hinge is a plastic closing cam that helps the door to shut that has likely worn. It is shown at the link below. Does it appear to be present and intact?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Door cam looks okay. Can the magnetic door seal loose it'd magnetic grip? When I first close the door, the rubber seal tightens on the door frame. Then it separates just a little on the bottom corner and over time the freezer ices up there b
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

That is not likely, but the drain may be frozen and not allowing the suction to occur. Do you see ice on the bottom of the freezer floor?