Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a 15 year old s x s GE refer (PSS25MGMB WW) The

Customer Question

We have a 15 year old s x s GE refer (PSS25MGMB WW) The refer side is not working and the top of the inside refer section is hot to touch. When I opened the door the buttons to adjust the temperature and the upper lights were off. The temperature setting will light up when you touch them, but it does not start to cool. My husband has removed the top cover and light bulbs. Why is it not cooling
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

God afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your refrigerator today. Your issue all has to do with the door switch not triggering so the lights are being left on inside which causes the top to be hot to the touch. It also causes the damper door between the refrigerator and freezer to close so no cold air goes to the refrigerator from the freezer which is why the refrigerator won't cool. Either your door switch has failed, or more likely the door is starting to drop down and needs to be raised up to hit the door switch better when the door is closed. Below is a video on how to adjust the door so you can raise it to hit the door switch better when the door shuts if you can push the door switch by hand and get the lights to turn off. Otherwise if you push the door switch by hand and the lights stay on then you just need to replace the door switch.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?