John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My 11 year old Amana side by side refrigerator ice maker is

Customer Question

My 11 year old Amana side by side refrigerator ice maker is leaking a stream of water when refilling the ice freezer area. This morning the entire freezer stopped freezing. What do you think?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

If it is leaking water water can run down and ruin the electrical plug behind the rear panel. Is the unit running?