Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a Frigidaire dishwasher that won't drain. It is model

Customer Question

Good afternoon.... I have a Frigidaire dishwasher that won't drain. It is model FDB1500LFB2
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 10 months ago.

hello , have you checked anything with the drain hose ? have you had any plumbing issues with sink backing up? or possibly a new garburetor ? thx Randy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The drain hose appears to be cleared. No plumbing issues with the sink.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have disconnected the drain nose from the garbage disposal and it is currently running into bucket to double check the hose and sink.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay NO water came out of the hose... How long for a response?

sorry , if the hose and garburetor are clear then the drain pump has something in it .they are durable so something is blocking it .undo the installation pull dw out and tilt back to access drain pump ..3-4 screws to seperate the drain pump , there will be some water . look for obstruction in drain pump or hose to pump ..take off and push screwdriver thru each end ..down below is a link to what the drain pump looks like

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Frigidaire-Dishwasher-Drain-Pump/154580301/1257094?modelNumber=FDB1500LFB2&ss=a9b2d699732&mr=1

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But what do I take off? I see the pump but do I disconnect any of the wires to it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Took the pump completely off. I can run water through it without any problems. I am re-checking the hose, now that I can get to it easier.

make sure the impeller inside the pump can turn , make sure no glass or any obstruction in there , and check those hoses to the pump for obstruction , no need to disconnect any wires

you can run water thru it but that impeller has to be able to turn , put a screwdriver in there and try to turn the impeller

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry for the delay, I am a volunteer firefighter and I just got back from a fatal motorcycle accident.
I don't see a play on the pump to see if it turns.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I took the three screws out of the pump and pulled it apart. There was nothing inside and I was able to move the plastic blades inside. Still need to check the hose again.

its possible the impeller is stripped ..it is spring loaded so it should kind of spring forward a bit when turned, if all those hoses are are clear then i would suspect the drain pump as the issue

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
found a grease clog in the middle of the large hose. Cleaned that out and I have put the pump back onto the dishwasher, reconnected the hose and I am doing a test rise before I put the insides back together.

grease clog would definately do it ,if impeller able to turn and clog gone it should drain

all work out ok ? thx randy