Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Dryer does not turn off when door is opened.

Customer Question

dryer does not turn off when door is opened.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm John. Does the dryer blow warm air, when it's running with the door open? Will you please send me the complete model number? It's printed on an i.d. label that's located on or near the door. Thank you.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

If the dryer does not turn off when the door is opened you have a bad door switch. The door switch is stuck in the closed position and would need to be replaced to fix that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!