Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I want to disable the buzzer on my frigidaire stackable

Customer Question

I want to disable the buzzer on my frigidaire stackable washer dryer it's the dryer buzzer i want to disable.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not sure where to find the model number... It's an older fridgedair stackable washer dryer..
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

It is probably on a sticker on the dryer door.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
model number GLGT1031FS5
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 38 is the buzzer. It is mounted in the timer console and will have 2 wires going to it.

This model has a spring clip (number 32) rather that a traditional fastening system that makes it a bit more difficult to remove the control panel. With the machine unplugged, loosen the screws only enough to allow the panel to be pulled down and then hinged out. Do not remove the screws completely, those clips are a bugger to get back in place if they fall out.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Once you have access to the buzzer, remove the wires and tape them up very securely with electrical tape.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks that worked!
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Excellent, nice work!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!