Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My neptune dryer will not turn on, all lights on the control

Customer Question

My neptune dryer will not turn on, all lights on the control panel are on. When press on/off nothing happens same with all buttons ,,have checked the door switch seems to be functioning.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Maytag Neptune MDE5500ayw, yes a couple of days ago, after i reset the breaker it worked well
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: it is not showing any error codes the only light flashing is the start/pause, it seems to be hung in the sensor dry mode
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not out of the norm, checked doorswitch flipped breaker
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That was a common issue, you need a new interface to fix it. Order part #1 at this link and you need to specify the serial and color when ordering as there are 2 different ones. Replace that and it will all work fine again. This happen a lot on that unit.

CLICK HERE PART #1

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!