Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a kitchenaid 2 drawer dishwasher when I try to start

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid 2 drawer dishwasher when I try to start it the blue light comes on then changes to red I can hear the pump coming on the unit keeps beeping. The bottom drawer will not start but the bottom drawer has about 1 inch of water and the heater is on as the warer is very hot. I have to shut off the breaker to stop it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 6 years old and is only used occasionally as it is my summer home. I'm not sure where to find the model number.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do not want to do this by email want to do this with a live chat
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a subscription customer I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our Subscription Customers!

Answer:

You either have a bad wash rotor or board issue in the unit. These are complicated units you may want to have a tech out to check the drawers out on the unit. The unit is fixable but I am not sure you may be able to do the repair, you would have to let me know.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let's try to fix it I am pretty handy
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you still looking at my problem?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Why are you not answering my questions?