John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My samsung refrigerator is not running at all. Earlier the

Customer Question

My samsung refrigerator is not running at all. Earlier the freezer side was working and the refrigerator side was not. This has happened before and I took off the inside pane and defrosted the ice around the fan. When I reassembled it, it did not work at all but the lights and panel worked. I did the reset and checked the cooling off mode.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 years old model RS265TDBP
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: It was flashing E5. I reset it and now the panel acts normally and shows the freezer and frig temperatures.
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: A few days ago the frig side was making a clicking sound. When I took off the inside panel there was a lot of ice on the tubes and arounf the fan. I melted them off with a hairdryer. Have not done any troubleshooting
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a subscription customer I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our Subscription Customers!

Is the compressor running on the unit?