Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I am getting an error message on my washer WM2688H*M front

Customer Question

I am getting an error message on my washer WM2688H*M front loading washer. We drained the hose, etc. Cannot locate the filter to check it. Water is not draining
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a subscription customer I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our Subscription Customers!

What is the error?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The washer is not draining. The error message says to check the drain, hose and filter. We have drained the hose and are unable to find the filter. The model is an LG front loading washer WM2688H*M It is my husband and I. We have limited experience or knowledge
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you there?

Ok if you have checked the filter on the pump and it is not blocked, the pump will be bad. That is very common on that model based on the age of the unit. Now if you do not have experience this is a job to replace the pump on it. I would recommend having a tech replace it. This is totally worth repairing, here is a video to give you an idea of what you need to do. Note this video has a front console and yours is a rear top one but similar procedure.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We cannot locate the filter on the pump. Where is the filter? This is my original question

It is in the bottom left corner, flip that door down and you can unscrew the filter cap and pull it out to check it, Note there will be water so get a shopvac or towels ready when removing it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We found the filter. It was full of stuff. We cleaned it out and are now running a small load on speed wash to see if it drains.

Great!