Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Whirlpool "gold' refrigerator / freezer (lower pull-out) -

Customer Question

Whirlpool "gold' refrigerator / freezer (lower pull-out) - ice build up in the freezer and then water on the floor. Ensured settings at "4" as recommended and cleaned under appliance and ensured good ventilation. Suggestions appreciated
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a subscription customer I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our Subscription Customers!

That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
have removed screws form back panel
at issue the 'grill' and 2 coverings on the back panel - notes a screw driver with arrow
what is the process to remove these 3 coverings?

Did you get it off?

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.