Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

One side of breaker tested weak replaced breaker still have

Customer Question

one side of breaker tested weak replaced breaker still have same problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm John. Remove the new breaker from the service panel, and inspect the buss bar for signs of heat damage. If you find it, you'll need to place the breaker into a new space on the service panel. DO NOT try to remove the burned spot on the buss bar! It's hot, until the utility company removes the electric meter, or shuts the power off at the pole outside. If you have no spare slots(2) on the breaker panel, you'll either have to give up the use of one of your 240 volt appliances, or have the buss bar or complete service panel replaced by a licensed electrician.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response at the end of our discussion.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a subscription customer I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our Subscription Customers!

I am a different tech the other tech has missed key parts of this question...First what issue are you having and what is the complete model number off the unit?

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Any appliance problems you have, when using the breaker, is most likely caused by insufficient electrical contact with the service panel buss bar, which provides the electricity to the breaker contacts. If the damage I described in my first response exists, it will cause electrical problems in any appliance, dryer, range, water heater, or air conditioner that is connected to that breaker. The new breaker will have the same problems as the original.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I could not see any problem with the buss bar

Ok what is happening with the dryer?