Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My dryer has power, led lights on, you hear a click when the

Customer Question

My dryer has power, led lights on, you hear a click when the start button is pressed. Lights indicate unit is drying, but nothing's happening.
I recently had a mouse die inside the dryer. I took the rear panel off and the top. Got the mouse, but did something to something. It worked before I took it apart.
Any idea what I screwed up?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: It's a Bosch Nexxt.
No, this is my first contact with you.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm fairly handy, but don't have any ohm tester
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a subscription customer I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our Subscription Customers!

That is either a broken belt, tripped belt switch or tripped thermal limit. You need to remove the back of the unit and check the belt and the belt switch and reset it if it is tripped. It is a slide switch that has to be reset if the belt breaks or sometimes they can trip. Check that out first and see.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!