Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I need to replace the lightbulb on a wta3500 but don't know

Customer Question

I need to replace the lightbulb on a wta3500 but don't know how to remove the clear plastic cover
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just started
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm fairly handy if that's what you mean ūüėÄ
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a subscription customer I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our Subscription Customers!

You CANNOT remove the plastic dome on the inside, you MUST get to the bulb from the front behind the top switch panel. To do this, you have to remove the dryer top (tabs on the sides w/ screws), then using a screwdriver push down and pull out all of the plastic tabs along the top of the front panel. After you do this, you can pull the top of the front panel back and there will be some long white plastic poles that are stuck into the bottom. If you stick the screwdriver down from the top and pry the bottom out, it will finally come out. Finally you have access to a small cover and then a cylindrical holder with two wires that powers the bulb.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!