Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Just fixed a kitchen drain stoppage. My dishwasher drain

Customer Question

Just fixed a kitchen drain stoppage. My dishwasher drain pump keeps running dispite having no water in the sump. This keeps my cleaning cycle from starting. I have run some water through the pump and it drains from the machine. Is there a sensor that may be clogged ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating

The issue is water has gotten into the flood basin from the kitchen stoppage in the unit. Pull the unit out and remove the left side cover and check the flood basin for water. Clear or suck it all out and then the flood float should reseat and the unit will work again.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.