Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Have a maytag 3000 washer. changed out pump, seems to drain

Customer Question

have a maytag 3000 washer. changed out pump, seems to drain then in middle of load f21 code appers and locks machine. drain ntube flushed out as well as made sure main waste line is clear
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I think 6 yrs old
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: f21 flashing
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: changed pump..sometimes will go thru load, sometimes not
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating

If the drain pump has been changed and is all clear an that issue is happening that is either a clogged pressure tube/port or a bad pressure switch typically on the unit Double check that the pressure tube to the pressure switch is all clear and if it is I would replace the pressure switch on it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.