Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a kenmore elite dryer model 100. It overheats and

Customer Question

I have a kenmore elite dryer model 100. It overheats and makes a very loud noise as it gets progressive hotter this only happens on the "normal" dryer setting. The setting for "delicate" does not over heat but it is not adequate to dry most usual loads of laundry. Is this likely to be an easily fixable problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating

This is a fixable issue and often what causes that issue is a defective blower wheel these can be a job to change if you are not pretty handy, but the unit is totally fixable 100% and would typically cost 200 dollars to get that repaired by a company.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.