Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My microwave oven's door latch has broken. the numbers on it

Customer Question

My microwave oven's door latch has broken. the numbers on it are as follows: mmv ( the first number is ***** a fold of the lablel and I can't make it out) 153BAB, 14958(fold again, but I think it's a 6 ) 19NA, Manufactured January 2008, DHHS Code0521186-00, FCC ID A31Motr1st. P/N 8102P271-60. I Shut the door and heard a snap and now it won't stay shut,the two hooks have no latching ability. Can I get parts and fix it? Can it be fixed, it has provided yeoman service and this is the first time I have had a problem. Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm John. Will you please send me the model number? It's printed on an i.d. label that's on or near the door. Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Please disregard the request for the model number. I'll search for parts information, and I'll get back to you.

Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

The door latch return spring has broken, and it needs to be replaced. Its part number is(###) ###-#### and its price is $5.25. You can buy it at www.repairclinic.com. Replacement help is available by typing the part number in the search box, and clicking the Repair Help to the left of the search box.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response at the end of our discussion.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a subscription customer I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our Subscription Customers!

Answer:

The door latch spring is likely not broken on the unit the actually tab that holds the spring on the molded latch is what breaks not the spring. If you have the model I can get you the correct part for it do not order a spring.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

I've checked www.repairclinic.com for the tab described by ApplianceGuru. There's no mention of a tab in their parts list.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.