Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Is the heating element in the front or the back of an he4

Customer Question

Is the heating element in the front or the back of an he4 kenmore elete
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: Where is the heating element located on a kenmore he4 dryer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Smart heat quiet pack 9 model***********
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just where the element is located
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

On this model, the element is access through the front. It's under the dryer drum on the right side. You'll want to unplug the dryer and remove the screws below the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull off and then you have access to the element. Remove the metal shield on the front of the element canister as well as the screw coming in from the left side of the heating canister toward the front and then you can unplug the element and pull it straight forward and out of the heating canister for replacement.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?