Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool Washer Duet 4.0 door is locked 4.0 door is locked

Customer Question

Whirlpool Washer Duet 4.0 door is locked 4.0 door is locked can open can't open
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Door is locked and I can't open
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be here to assist you with your washer. First it sounds like your door latch may have failed if the tub isn't full of water. You can pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Then you can reach down to the bottom of the door latch behind the front panel. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch which if you pull down on will manually unlock the door. Now plug the washer back in and try the washer again. If it still won't run or you get another error code mid cycle, you need to replace the door latch.

Now if you find that the washer is full of water still then you have a drain problem. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?