Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have error codes E01 and F01 on my Maxima Maytag. I

Customer Question

I have error codes E01 and F01 on my Maxima Maytag. I cleaned out the trap and replaced the CCU and still not working. Suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years. Model MHW6000Xg2
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: just those codes. Unit stopped working
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My wife went to change the temp settings and the error codes came up. Tried powering on and off. Just now replaced the control unit
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Has the error code come up since you replaced the CCU? If not, then how is the unit acting now?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The codes are still there.Unit won't do anything.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

There are only 2 parts that can cause an F01 E01 error and that's your CCU (the part mounted to the right side wall in the front right corner of the washer under the top panel) and the interface control board. The error means that your CCU has shorted, but if you replaced the CCU and the error is still there, the error is false which means that the front interface board needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
can a rookie like me replace the interface board?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

If you're handy then yes. It's not much different than replacing the CCU, you just need to remove the control panel and knob on the front of the control panel after removing the top panel and dispenser in order to get access to replace the boards.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

No problem and good luck. Sorry to hear about the issues with your washer however.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't find a part called that.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is the control board?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

There are many control boards, but yes it's the front control panel right where you push all the buttons and turn the knob.