Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Just replaced door switch on Amana dryer. Still getting the

Customer Question

Just replaced door switch on Amana dryer. Still getting the "e" 5 error code.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. The error you're getting has nothing to do with the door switch. This error means that your thermistor sensor which monitors the temperature inside the dryer is out of range or at least your control board thinks it's out of range. You'll need to take the dryer apart and remove the front panel so you can access the thermistor mounted to the vent below the dryer drum. Make sure the wires between the sensor and the control board are not damaged. If that all checks good then replace the sensor. If for some reason the error continues then the control board is just not reading the sensor properly so the control board will need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay. This would happen even if the dryer is cold?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Yes because if it's out of range it won't know whether the oven is hot or cold.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not an oven.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Understood, sorry I just used the wrong word. I didn't mean to confuse you.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?