Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Monogram 36" (Z1SS360NXSS) fridge that is not

Customer Question

I have a GE Monogram 36" (Z1SS360NXSS) fridge that is not cooling fridge or freezer side. All electrical seems to be working. I hear fan but compressor is not kicking on. Is there a fuse/reset button for compressor?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If the compressor is not running, we need to test some voltages at the inverter. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can get one. but I am not with the fridge right now. I won't be until tomorrow. This is my 1st time using Just Answer so I'm just testing it out. When I am near fridge with meter what should I do?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The inverter is mounted to the left of the compressor. It will have several wires going to it. With the refrigerator on, test for 120 VAC between orange and black wires. If that is good, test between red and white for 5 VDC. With the refrigerator unplugged, measure between the three pins on the compressor, looking for about 9-11 ohms of resistance. With that information, we can determine what is happening to make the compressor not run. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Great, I will try this.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thank you!