Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a 30" VIKINGB Professional oven and am trying to

Customer Question

I have a 30" VIKINGB Professional oven and am trying to self-clean the bottom oven following the instructions in the manual. However, the cycle won't start, the door never locks, the fan stops and the oven light starts blinking. The top oven self-clean works properly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm John. Will you please send me the complete model number? Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't see a model number on the oven or in the manual ... It is a residential (not commercial model) and just says "Viking Professional" double oven .... The top oven cleans IAW manual directions but the bottom oven doesn't.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

You need to replace the lower oven door latch assembly. You can buy it at www.amazon.com. Type the words 'Viking oven parts' into the search box, and scroll down the parts list to Door latch assembly, part number###-##-#### Its price is $109.95.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a subscription customer I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our Subscription Customers!

What light is flashing and the pattern?

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Do you need any more help with your problem?

Just get me the flashing pattern on the unit please