John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My side by side Kenmore stopped making ice. One the ice

Customer Question

My side by side Kenmore stopped making ice. One the ice maker control there is a blinking red l.e.d.. That light was blinking before so I didn't think anything of it but does it indicate a certain type of problem? I replaced the ice maker and it cycled through twice before it stopped making ice again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star arting

Does the light blink if you press the left side flap in without blocking the beam or does it then go solid?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You haven't forgotten about me?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello?