Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We had the power go down shortly yesterday and the oven came

Customer Question

We had the power go down shortly yesterday and the oven came back on with a communications error code.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: An F6 E0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is simple enough. I am a layman. Not a professional. Was just googling to see if this is something that I could easily fix.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: KEMS308SSS00 is the model number of the kitchenaid oven/micro.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I am so sorry that you have this issue because this is quite a major problem. Your main control board has likely shorted but there is really no way to know for certain. The first thing you want to do is just turn the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If not, F6 E0 means there is a communication error between the main control board and the interface control board. You can definitely uninstall the oven and remove the top panel to look around and make sure all the wires are secure, but that's about all you can do as far as diagnosing this problem. Aside from that, F6 E0 is the worst issues you can get on this model because there is no way to test which part is actually faulty so you basically have to guess which control board you want to replace first. That is why it's usually better to call a technician because he can actually return the parts he doesn't need if it doesn't fix the issue---whereas you can not. If you wanted to try to replace the parts yourself, I would recommend ordering the parts from because they are one of the few places that allow you to return control boards.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.