Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have been working on my mothers refrigerator (model

Customer Question

I have been working on my mothers refrigerator (model WRT3L9SZYW00), the freezer temp has been bouncing between 10 and 20 degrees. I have changed the control board, the start capacitor and I have the sensor for the freezer that I haven't changed yet but what I can see in diagrams there isn't anything else in the circuit.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It's a whirlpool model WRT3L9SZYW00 it's 4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have been I have the wiring schematic.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: She did say sometimes stuff on the bottom shelf in the fridge will freeze
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

You are correct that there isn't anything else in the circuit so if the refrigerator is shutting off regularly like it thinks it's reaching the correct temperature, replace the sensor. If the unit is constantly running, then that sensor isn't going to cause your problem. The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?