Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a norcold, model DE-451, it's about 16 years old but

Customer Question

I have a norcold, model DE-451, it's about 16 years old but was never used, literally not at all. It will run for a few minutes, no consistency in how long it takes before issue arises, and will kick on/off very quickly, never fully starting and continuing to run. The compress, fan, etc... all get bursts from the power supply. I'm not sure if this is the thermistor that is bad (which I've read a lot about) or if the power supply is bad (which seems unlikely since it sends power just fine for sometimes up to 15 mins). This behavior is the same whether I have it powered by 110v or 12V. I have a video of kicking on/off if that helps.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I uploaded the manual, parts list, and an animated gif of the problem (since can't do video)
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The rapid power cycling is indicative of a relay or connection issue. Have you ever measured the voltage at the compressor to see what it is doing when it cycles?