Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

LG tromm washer model we 24 8 hrs error code te. Checked

Customer Question

LG tromm washer model we 24 8 hrs error code te. Checked wiring has continuity from thermistor to board. Also replaced thermistor. Tech thought it was probably the connection on the board. Replaced the board and it worked flawlessly the 1st load. Now it goes off on te error before it even starts the load. Where do I go from here?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'm going to do everything in my power to answer your question to your full satisfaction!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That model is wm2487hrm
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating so I will do what it takes to get there.

Sorry for the delay as I see the Ezekiel left. That TE code is a THERMISTOR error.

THERMISTORS rarely fail in LG washers.

The most likey cause of the “te” error is:

1) Loose wiring at the control panel (directly behind the CYCLE SELECTOR KNOB)

2) Broken wire at the THERMISTOR (located at the bottom /front of the tub)

To access the wire plug connectors at the CONTROL PANEL—-remove the top cover of the washer.

Stand in front of the washer and look for the plug connectors behind the CONTROL PANEL. Pull apart the plugs and re-install.

Test the washer. If the “te” error still occurs—-it will be neccesary to remove the FRONT PANEL as well (two sets of special plier-type tools are needed).

Inspect the THERMISTOR closely—-with good lighting. If there’s a break in the wire it will be at or near the black sheathing / heat shrink material.

If you can not still find anything replace it and see if the code goes away.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My model is a wm2487hrm. That's not where the thermistor is on this model. Been there done that already. Thermistor is on top where the heating element is.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The attached page shows where to test the thermistor on the control. Can you do so and post your findings, please?