Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I cannot open the lid on my LG direct drive wash machine.

Customer Question

I cannot open the lid on my LG direct drive wash machine. seems like the washer has no power even though the electrical outlet works. LG repair cannot come for another week. clothes are in Wash machine
please help
David A. Cameron ***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Is the control totally dead, no power at all?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

If you have verified power at the outlet is good, the most likely to be faulty is the noise filter board that filters the incoming power before it gets to the control board. It would require a meter to test the voltage out to verify that for certain. You can try a hard reset by unplugging the machine for a few hours but it is not likely to reset. I can help with replacing that part, if you wish.