Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Shut washer off mid filling with water for rinse, by pulling

Customer Question

shut washer off mid filling with water for rinse, by pulling dial out, pushed dial back in and it completed rinse but it didn't look like the clothes went thru spin cycle, washer was empty of water, it was a small load. turned dial to spin again nothing and then went thru all the other cycles, goes right to agitate does not fill with water
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a GE profile, guessmate around 2005, so 12 years old, can't locate model #
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not if it is hard....I know from previous posts in might be pressure switch, would that go bad in the middle of a cycle?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the washer was filling for rinse cycle I shut it off, for maybe a hour, then pushed it back in and let it finish, looks like it didn't spin? so then I tried the spin cycle nothing. then tried a wash cycle no water but went right to agitate?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks!

Remove the front panel on the machine and remove the pressure tube on the outer tub, that tube is just off to the left right in the front on the outer tube. After removing that tube you need to get another tube and put it on the port there and blow through it and see if it is clear. If not fill the unit until the port is full of water and blow through it until it is flushed out. Then drain the unit and put the original tube back on. Secondly check the belt on the unit as well as that could be worn out causing the issue as well. Here is a video to help you take it apart.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!