Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have repaired an electronic latch on a compact Bosch

Customer Question

I have repaired an electronic latch on a compact Bosch washer and have wrestled with the outer metal band that holds the door gasget. The gadget slips off the panel lip with any tension. 2 people cannot hold this thing in place long enough to get band on. Tried dish soap, videos, searching for spring expansion tool, large pliers-one for each person (not enough grip to prevent damage to panel,) Machine is <6yrs old, may need gasget replacement in the future so I was willing to buy expansion tool. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm John. Will you please send me the model number? Thank you.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Are you talking about the outer lip edge of the gasket where the door seals against or the inner lip where it goes around the outer tub?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
WAS24460UC 10/1

Your payment failed for a phone call can you talk to customer service so we can get it cleared and I can call you!

Appliance Guru