Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I'm trying to troubleshoot my Samsung RSG257AARS. It's 4 or

Customer Question

I'm trying to troubleshoot my Samsung RSG257AARS.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's 4 or 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well, if it's not too difficult.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The ice maker isn't making ice. So I've tried several things and finally rebooted - pulled the power plug and the plugged it back in.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

If you have done all that and it still does not make any ice you need to change the icemaker out. These units failed so much that Samsung even rebuilds them.

PART #DA97-07549B

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!