Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I hadmodule go out on a whirlpool double oven.. From the

Customer Question

I had(###) ###-####module go out on a whirlpool double oven.. From the keypad circuit board there is a key tail ribbon with the # jf1016 n1..I am pretty sure is is bad...looking for the ribbon.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2002
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The replacement is pretty simple but the ribbon is what I believe the problem is.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately you can't replace just the ribbon cable. The ribbon cable that plugs into the control module is only sold as part of the entire touch control panel which is most likely not made anymore if the unit was made in 2002 so you can try to look on Ebay for one, but otherwise it may be time for a new oven at this point.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?