Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My pieso on the top is clicking and sparking every ten

Customer Question

Hi My pieso on the cook top is clicking and sparking every ten seconds. Ilve freestanding oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm John. Will you please send me the make and model number? Thank you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The issue is with the switch circuit that feeds voltage to the spark module. It is likely that grease has gotten into the switch(es) and is causing that circuit to complete without the switches being turned on. Remove the knobs and use a plastic safe electrical contact cleaner to spray into the switches (mains supply off) and allow a few hours for it to dry out and I suspect it will be just fine. If the sparking continues, you may have to replace the switch harness.