Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

When i start my maytag gas dryer everything works. The

Customer Question

When i start my maytag gas dryer everything works. The heating works until it gets up to the max temp and then the gas shuts off. After that the gas does not come and the dryer doesnt heat back up. But if you turn the dryer off and then back on the igniter works and the gas lights the dryer heats up once again but only when you start it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

You need to replace the gas coils on the unit, that is a common issue. Here is a link to the parts and a video of how to change them

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!