Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have an old Maytag stackable washer and dryer and the

Customer Question

I have an old Maytag stackable washer and dryer and the washer is not working. What happened is I started the water running with the lid down so my laundry pod detergent would melt some, put the lid up when there was some water in it and then put the clothes in. When I put the lid down it no longer did anything. Now if I move it to spin it still works fine, and the dryer is still working, it just won't fill with water(it's on) and won't agitate.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don't have the model number, I bought it from a friend and I can't find the number anywhere on it. It's probably one of the first ones, it's not at all digital.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm going to try. I live in a rural town and while I could probably find someone to do the work, I don't know about the cost.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that's about it, except I love this machine and would like to make it work!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The check switch on the lid switch assembly has failed. It is shown as number 17 at the link below.

The link below is to the part you will need.