Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

All of a sudden, it stopped making ice. It still dispenses

Customer Question

All of a sudden, it stopped making ice. It still dispenses water
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Made 12/05. Model KSRX25FNWHO1. Serial # SSS146424
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

The icemaker on that unit you generally get 7-10 years out of. I would say you have a bad icemaker on the unit 99%. Check the fill tube to the icemaker and make sure it is not frozen. If not replace the icemaker assembly.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!