Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I'm looking for Comparable replacement parts For my

Customer Question

I'm looking for Comparable replacement parts
For my Thermador cook top CV2136
Part # 14-11-788 terminal block and 486162 8" element
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Those parts are available below.

Element

Block

Thank you so much! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are these parts compatible with my Thermador CV2136. I just need to make sure because I was told that the parts are no longer made!
And if I purchase them and they are not comparable can they be returned?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Yes, the element is the OEM for that exact model and the other is the the same block but branded with a different name. That company I linked you top allows returns for a year, no matter what!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is the block easy to put in... My husband will be doing it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Sorry, that was for another question.

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Yes, that block is easy to wire and comes with complete instructions and everything needed to install.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok... I'll let my husband know.
Thank you for your help!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Kelly..
I was looking over the part reconditions you gave me last night. With regards ***** ***** replacement element for my Thermador cook top. Why did you not recommend the terminal box that goes with it? Will that box not work with my older stove top?
And will the wire kit work the the element you recommended?
I called the company to ask them and the lady was of no help!!!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

You can use the Thermador block, if you wish. However, it comes with no wires and is much more expensive than the one I sent you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But will they work with my model since it is so old and parts are no longer made? And will the wire kit work with the element you recommended?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

They are the exact parts for your exact model, if you order the block that is listed with the element link I sent you. The universal block I sent will work, buit if you want the exact parts your model calls for, order both the block and element on the element link I sent you.