Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

LG WM 3455H WASHER/DRYER COMBO NO POWER TO UNIT. NOT AN

Customer Question

LG WM 3455H WASHER/DRYER COMBO
NO POWER TO UNIT. NOT AN ISSUE WITH FUSES, BREAKERS OR OUTLET.
LOCAL NON LG REPAIR MAN STATES THAT THE NOISE FILTER HAS BURNED OUT. HE CHECKED THE POWER TO ALL OF THE OTHER COMPONENTS. HE NOTICED THAT THERE WAS POWER RUNNING TO THE WASHER AND DRYER HEATER EVEN THOUGH THE WHITE OR NEUTRAL LINE THAT GOES THROUGH THE NOISE FILTER DOES NOT HAVE POWER. THE HOT LINE STILL HAS POWER. HE IS CONCERNED THAT THERE MAY BE AN ISSUE WITH THE MAIN CONTROL BOARD MAY HAVE A PROBLEM IF THE POWER TO THE HEATERS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE RUNNING WITHOUT THE WHITE/NEUTRAL LINE HAVING POWER.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

There shouldn't be any concern about the main control board being faulty if the noise filter is definitely bad. Test power and neutral going into the washer and if you have 110 volts going to the noise filter between power and neutral, then the washer is getting power. Next, test between power and neutral coming out of the noise filter and if you do not have 110 volts between power and neutral, replace the noise filter. I've never seen both the noise filter and the main control board go bad so if the noise filter is bad, just replace the noise filter.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.