Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I'm looking for a source for a thermoblock that runs on 120v

Customer Question

I'm looking for a source for a thermoblock that runs on 120v and pulls about 1500 watts. These are commonly used in espresso machines. Dimensions need to be about 3" x 3" and they're usually cylinders so think of a cylinder that is 3" wide and 3" tall.Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. If you go to www.wholelattelove.com, and enter the make and model number of your machine, you should find the part you're searching for.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good idea but I don't have a model #, I'm an inventor and need a thermoblock with certain specs rather than a thermoblock from a DeLonghi XXXX.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

There are a couple on eBay, see the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Kelly - these both look good but I can't find the watt or voltage rating - are the specs somewhere else?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

The voltage is 240 VAC and I believe the wattage is 2100.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Sorry, that was for another question.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

It is 120 VAC and I believe 1500 watts, I am confirming now.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

The one for the 830 is rated at 1000 watts. I am looking at the other one now.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

It looks like they are both 1000 watts. I will continue looking....

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Kelly - let me know when you come up with some likely candidates.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I have not been able to locate any that are larger than 1000 watts. I have an email in to a supplier, though, but have not heard back. Is it critical it be 1500 watts?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, timing is not critical. It's for the Garden HotZot ( www.hotzot.biz ) so it's not even a coffee application.One note- I've located a number of 1300 watt heaters but they divide the heating elements to a 1000 internal and a 300 external. The external element functions as a temperature dependent resistor to damp back the 1000 element as the boiling temp is approached. Although these are rated as 1300, they do not heat with 1300 watts.Thanks for your time
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I will post back once I find any more information.