Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Samsung refrigerator. The model is RF217BRS. I was

Customer Question

I have a Samsung refrigerator. The model is RF217BRS. I was cleaning the inside and the light went off and it binged as it always does when the doors are open for too long. I closed the doors and the light will not go on and it keeps binging. It is also warming up. When I last checked it was 53 degrees. The freezer and it's light seem to be fine. Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

It sounds like your unit went into the fault mode where the door were left open too long. Just unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and plug it back in and it should reset. If not then somehow the control board shorted from holding the lights on for too long so the main control board would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I turned the circuit breaker off for more than 5 minutes and the problem persists.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK then unfortunately the control board shorted out from just sending power to the bulbs for too long if it won't turn the lights on at all even after resetting the breaker. Resetting the breaker resets the timer on the door switch being open so if the lights still won't turn on and it's beeping the control board would need to be replaced on the back of the refrigerator I'm sorry to say.