Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a kenmore elite bottom freezer refrigerator model

Customer Question

i have a kenmore elite bottom freezer refrigerator model(###) ###-#### 7204; the LED display for the icemaker, etc is no working but displays "ER RF". i cannot find a reference in the manual. can you help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your refrigerator today.

To start, ER rF stands for an error with your refrigerator fan not spinning properly. You'll need to pull everything out of the refrigerator and remove part 409H on the diagram in the link below. This is the large white plastic vent tower against the back wall of your refrigerator directly in the middle from right to left.

CLICK HERE for diagram

Once you remove the panel, if there is ice or frost build up around the fan, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. Other than that if everything looks good, then you just need to order and replace the fan motor to resolve the issue

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.