Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My lg washing machine won't turn on. It's only a few years

Customer Question

My lg washing machine won't turn on.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's only a few years old and it is a front loading inverter direct drive
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Where else can I find model information?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Certainly, if I can
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer. To start, just try unplugging the washer for 5 minutes and plug it back in to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, run an extension cord to an outlet you know is working to be certain it's getting power. And if none of that works then you have a failed part. Attached below is the flow chart to test which of the 3 parts has failed on your washer---either the noise filter, main control board, or display board. One of them will need to be replaced to resolve the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.